Are wireless smart homes in Oakland a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were confined to wired components joined through a long installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has reinvented the industry and opened up a multitude of new possibilities for families.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Oakland is the best choice for you and your family? Find out what you ought to know about wireless solutions.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The core of any wireless network is a secure internet connection. Reliable, fast internet and a high-quality wireless router are the two main ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, consider doing it now to take advantage of the latest performance enhancements.
If you live in a region without dependable fast internet or cellular coverage, you may be better off with a wired connection. Or, if you move into a home that is hardwired for home security, it may be reasonable financially to stay with that configuration.
Internet and utility outages can take place no matter where you reside. To address this concern, look for security options with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Oakland?
The main goal of any home security system is to defend your loved ones from dangers like burglary and fire. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to utilize the newest improvements, a wireless smart home is your top choice. With a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your entrances or watch live video from your smartphone? A wireless smart home gives you a degree of control and access you’ve never seen. You can remotely check or adjust any system components, like your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it can also reach you. If a device is activated, an alert will be dispatched immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always be notified when something happens, regardless of your location.
● Flexibility and scalability: Unlike wired components, you can place wireless ones practically wherever you wish. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also straightforward to remove or add equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Oakland have proven dependable and effective, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You may have to change batteries. If you have battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for a disruption when the battery dies. However, smart elements will inform you when power is depleting and usually last for many years without requiring a replacement.
● Placing devices. There could be limitations on how far you may install wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This won’t be a problem in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the distance prior to installing.
● Risk of online hacking. Similar to any computer network, the threat of hacking exists. But you can considerably minimize this risk by incorporating strong passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Oakland today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll enjoy having access to your Oakland security system from anywhere. Dial (510) 281-3999 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.