Daily shipments have become standard for numerous residents due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having items left right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a significant issue, but you can take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral part of your smart home.
Perks of a Oakland video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to customize detection zones, speak to people at your door, and receive real-time alerts whenever a package is dropped off.
The easiest way to see how a Oakland video doorbell camera works is to look at the many benefits it offers. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging burglary with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your entry and packages on the ground. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the point of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will include exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can enjoy immediate alerts from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your door? Two-way audio allows you to ask their purpose for being there. You can even take advantage of this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will allow you to minimize false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the option to access real-time and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you can engage with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even allow you to speak with the person at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.