How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Oakland smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in full charge of your Oakland home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Oakland help you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can perform:
- View real-time or saved footage from your linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Oakland by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Oakland
Although various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the details to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Oakland smart home. Call (510) 281-3999 to learn more.