Ways to cut down on false alarms in Oakland
False alarms are a real problem for your home’s security. Not only are they a pain to resolve, but they might even lower the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Oakland security system.
To begin, be sure that everything is connected properly. This will probably sound like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors trigger false alarms. Next, watch out for possible culprits of false alarms, such as windows and doors that could be left open inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to use the various tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Oakland.
Is it really that easy? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Oakland?
Just like you would address any issue, the initial step is to read the manual. Be certain that all your components are connected correctly on your end by:
- Performing a system analysis with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all recently added smart implements are installed correctly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Call your service agent if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Oakland security system. They'll gladly send out a tech to examine your system.
Check your entry points
In the event your installation seems to be alright, the next step is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or are any accidentally open? If an entry point stays unsecured, it might trigger a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your clan consistently neglects to shut a door, you can incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when your system is activated. Sadly, windows require extra hands-on attention, particularly if you have someone who prefers to rest with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the property.
Home automation can be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Oakland
One of the smartest methods to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include home automation into your alarm system. With your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avoid false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlatching an entry point. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm when your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right PIN.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm as you depart the property, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone notifications when your implements notice abnormal motion or require a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart home speaker, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Oakland by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Greater authority over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, call (510) 281-3999 or submit the following form.