What should you do if your Oakland home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you may encounter, like theft, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Oakland home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, bewildering, and might provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and adhere to these easy guidelines.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Oakland Triggers
You never want to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the most effective way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency alone instead permit your monitoring professionals and first responders to do their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a intrusion, this might include proceeding to a predetermined safe zone as far away from entrances as possible. The trespasser was probably already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to take extra precaution. If there’s smoke or a fire, please vacate your residence right away.
- Remember your cell phone. The vast majority of homeowners keep their cell phones with them constantly these days, but you may forget to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get alerts through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Oakland goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will spring to action. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The guideline they follow depends on the sort of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, a single attempt will be made to contact you before assistance is sent out. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring specialist will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the central command panel. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again once authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not available to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Oakland
Be prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Oakland from Vivint. Dial (510) 281-3999 to begin designing your property’s security today.