Features to look for in a home security camera in Oakland
When it comes to your home’s security, it nice to get a full view of your property This is a principal reason why security cameras are one of the most effective components to consider as you design your smart home’s security. Although independent cameras can be effective when installed properly, they’re even more powerful when incorporated into your home’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Oakland? You’ll be happy to know these important devices have more features than previous iterations. You may view real-time feeds from indoor cameras or surprise those lurking about with integrated security features from exterior cameras. And you can control your home security cameras easily in one app.
Powerful features bolster home security cameras in Oakland
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will raise your residence’s protection to a higher level. These crucial parts of your home security system are available with an impressive range of features like 2-way communications, motion detection, and mobile access. Take a look at the available options below.
- Built-in deterrents: Choose a security camera that can take immediate action. If strange behavior is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid red ring will appear next to the lens and an audible alarm will emit.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides clear-cut views of your environs at any hour. Your cameras will even maintain their clarity when closing in on specific spots.
- Convenient storage: Check for devices with recording and storage cloud capabilities and the chance to watch video directly from your cell phone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Oakland are frequently linked to a handy app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to review current footage or pre-recorded video and even engage or disengage your security. The Vivint App will post an alert to your phone when the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detectors: Integrated motion sensors allows cameras to take notice if unusual action occurs. You’ll also receive a message on your mobile device.
- Converse with visitors or members of your family: Need to touch base with your kids when they return from school? Is there a stranger at your front door? Today’s home security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way talk so you can speak to anyone detected by your surveillance device.
- Greater viewing angles: As a good rule of thumb, your exterior video cameras should provide at least 120° of viewing perspective. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit provides the opportunity to designate the exact space you want your camera to cover. This will be helpful to optimize the activity you record as you aren’t going to want updates every time a car drives by in front of your house.
Design your own smart home
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Oakland. The next step is to put everything together in a custom Vivint smart home. Dial (510) 281-3999 to begin or fill out the form below to engage our home protection and automation professionals.